Tuesday, May 15, 2007

An Odd Observation

I was asked to move a vehicle today, by a friend. It was a fancy SUV, very different from my vehicle. It was kind of fun to sit in the lap of luxury. After a little while, my friend told me that she was going to the gym. Apparently, she needed a work out on her arms. Driving her SUV would certainly give no exercise to her arms. Power steering made things all too easy.

My vehicle is not exactly new, or fancy. I also never feel a need to go to a gym to get an arm work out. My vehicle does not have power steering. If I want a work out, I can just try a bit of precision driving in a tight parking lot in my vehicle. Is there not something odd in this whole situation? It certainly seemed that way to me. With my 'senior' vehicle, I save myself a gym membership. Does that not, in a certain way, make more sense?

The CP

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, it makes more sense; but it's tough when you are all dressed up. Guess, renting a car is a plausible option for fancier occasions.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Zaza said...

Ha, this is certainly interesting.

It reminds me of how we have invented so many tools and machines to cut down on physical labour... and how we now must go to gyms to stay in shape and use our energy to do the most useless tasks. Lifting weights accomplishes nothing!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares web stats Site Meter