Monday, May 14, 2007

A Great Answer!

Today was a day of grading final exams. Not nice, but the big push is almost done. I did come across one answer though that was a complete classic and is worth sharing.

One short answer question asked, "Why did Kant believe that synthetic a priori judgements were possible?". One student answered,

"Kant believed synthetic a priori judgements were possible, because he hates me."

It really cracked me up, when I read this. Although there was no credit for this answer, the student did pass.

The CP

2 Comments:

Blogger LumpenProf said...

Wow! I love that answer! And it certainly feels true... in fact, maybe it's an example itself of a synthetic a priori judgment. It certainly would explain a great deal about Kant's writings.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the theory of the Universe's Dark Matter.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares web stats Site Meter