Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Picture Post

So, at long last I have got around to downloading my pictures from my trip. For fun, I thought that I would share them here.

We begin with a view of the harbour of the city of the Mediterranean island, taken from the castle.


Next, we see the cathedral. I did not get a chance to visit it, although I got quite close. This was one of the downsides of the trip -- wonderful intellectual stimulation, but at a cost of sight seeing time. I guess that will have to be for the next visit.


A view of the coast, taken from high above...


When we took a trip up into the hills to an ancient village there were splendid views...


This was the old monastery in the hill village...


Next we move on to another, much colder country. This is what freezing fog leaves behind.


The final two images are from the fire in the hotel in Washington D.C. The first shows people standing around, after being roused from their beds in the middle of the night.


Finally, here is a none too good picture of a whole bunch of firemen and their equipment as they arrived to deal with the fire.


What a long, diverse, exciting and intellectually stimulating trip! I am glad that I have these pictures and excellent notes, to keep it all fresh in my mind.

The CP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares web stats Site Meter