Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Nut Job E-mail

One of the 'joys' of being a philosophy professor, especially one with a reasonable profile on the Internet, is that one gets 'strange' e-mails from time to time. Today, I got an especially odd e-mail. As this is a side of the philosophy profession that seldom sees the light of day, I thought it might be of interest to share the curious kinds of things that show up in a philosophers e-mail inbox (in addition to the usual spam, tedious memos and student e-mails).

From: <'A Nut Job'>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 20:51:45 -0600
To: <'Combat Philosopher'>
Subject: Whoever is detected in a shameful fraud is ever after not believed even if they speak the truth.

Ave! :)
I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead -- not sick, not wounded -- dead. Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun. Life has a practice of living you, if you don't live it.


I guess someone forgot their Lithium today! I wonder whether other professions also suffer from such curious e-mails? Should anyone be in a position to make anything that might remotely sound like sense out of this, I would be delighted to hear. In the meantime, 'enjoy'...

The CP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares web stats Site Meter