Saturday, March 03, 2007

A Question of Ethics

I am a difficult situation. I am watching certain individuals do things that are ethically dubious and are likely to cause great difficulties down the road. They believe that they have the right to behave the way the are. They believe that there will be no future difficulties. I happen to know for a fact, that they are wrong on both counts.

The question then arises as to what to do. I have tried to explain to the individual the problems, but they are not interested in hearing my views. I have sought the advice of experts on the future difficulties and they concur with my view. To make matters worse, the individual in question is claiming that I have an agenda, that I am just causing trouble for the hell of it. This is not true.

To make matters worse, the individual concerned is using half-truths, to support their position. In some instances, these half-truths are damn close to lies. At the very least, in the infamous words of Sir Robert Armstrong, they are being 'economical with the truth'. Although I am certain that this individual has good motives, the results are likely to be bad. This individual, on a number of crucial matters, simply lacks the skill and experience to be able to make good judgements. These are skills and experience that I have.

Thus, the question again becomes what to do. There seem to be two options. Continue to try and explain to people up the 'food chain' what the problems are. I am not sure whether they will listen to me, they having heard the fictionalized version perhaps one too many times. The alternative is to do nothing and wait until the coming train wreck arrives. Then I can say "I told you so" and walk away. Although this second option has attractions, it will involve a large number of people being needlessly hurt. Thus, I am in a quandary. Does anybody have any suggestions?

The CP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares web stats Site Meter