Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Day to Walk and Sing

Today, the weather was glorious. It was sunny and warm, but not too hot and not humid. It was one of those Louisiana Spring days that makes it a joy to walk across campus. I did this today. On route, I ran into various people I knew. I stopped and chatted several times. That was this morning.

This afternoon, I had a couple of students drop by my office for help with their final papers. The first student arrived fairly confused, largely by looking things up randomly on the Internet. By the time we were finished, the confusions were gone. This should now be a pretty reasonable paper. The second student is working on a project that is actually quite exciting. They had some excellent questions that were reasonably easy to handle. By the time they left, I had another satisfied customer. I am looking forward to reading this paper.

Next on the agenda was a talk from a visiting senior professor. The talk was very interesting indeed. I was not entirely convinced by all the detailed particulars, but it was nonetheless fascinating. I learned a lot.

So, this was a happy day. As I moved towards home, late this afternoon, I was filled with a desire to sing. Here is Donovan's Catch The Wind from YouTube to sing along with.



I like days like this. I hope that I have plenty more soon. I hope that you have some too.

The CP

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hippy.

;)

11:43 AM  
Blogger The Combat Philosopher said...

We need hippies to keep our leggies attached! ;)

The CP

2:19 PM  
Blogger Toastedsuzy said...

lol

Thanks for that! I never know what to say when my students snarl the "hippy" epithet at me. Now I know.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares web stats Site Meter