Friday, September 01, 2006

World of Words: Interlude

While thinking about the next post in this World of Words series, I have been examining some examples. This of course is in addition to considering the various comments. In my search for examples, I have been looking at some song lyrics. In particular, I have been looking at the lyrics of the band Joy Division. This was one of my favorite bands as a youth and I still listen to their music from time to time.

What I have realized is how well these lyrics work as poems. The lyrics from the first two albums, Unknown Pleasures and Closer appear to be especially fine examples. So, I invite interested readers to join me in this meditation, and read these lyrics. They can be found here (scroll down).

"This is the way, step inside..."

The CP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares web stats Site Meter