Monday, March 13, 2006

SORRY!!

Ok, so I have been indolent with this blog. I notice threats in the comments. Point taken, but thanks for noticing. This blog will no longer be inactive. The CombatPhilosopher has returned. You have been warned. Corrupt political types, incompetents and moronic multinationals beware, the CP is back in business and will be washing your dirty laundry here.


So, time for a recent news comment. I was going to write a thing about how to screw BellSouth, by hacking their services. I hate BellSouth for their immoral and undemocratic actions in the town of Lafayette, Louisiana. L.U.S., the public owned utility company have a proposal to offer a fiber connection to every home in the town. As a locally owner utility company, this sounded like communism to BellSouth and their tired and failing business model. So, they kept going to court, moaning like big babies that L.U.S. was acting unfairly. I have not had BellSouth as my phone company for years. I prefer(ed) AT and T. Ma Bell may have been bad in the past, but she has offered me good service and less outrageous prices than the weannies at SmellSouth. Then, AT and T went and bought SmellSouth. So, my objections are now a bit mute. However, for informational purposes,should you wish to get a DSL connection on the cheap, here is how to do it:


1) Go to Wal-Mart, or similar, and buy a cheap wireless hub ($60, or so - Linksys is better than Belkin, generally).
2) Talk to your neighbour who has DSL and do a deal.
3) Attach the wireless hub to their DSL line, with SmellSouth, or whoever (N.B. the closer your house is to your neighbours, the better this works -- in an appartment complex several people can share a single line).
4) Set up the wireless hub securely so only approved computers can access.
5) Share the cost of the connection with your neighbour who has done a deal with the Devil's minions (SmellSouth).
6) Laugh at SmellSouth as their stock price falls.


The CP

2 Comments:

Blogger Professor Zero said...

OK, I see you've updated your blog, so
I have re-linked you to mine! Carry on... ;-)

1:04 AM  
Blogger Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

I'm happy you have revived the blog!

The world needs more combat philosophers...

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on 
BlogShares web stats Site Meter